The Australian Institute of Emotion Focused Therapy (AIEFT) was established in 2017 and is endorsed by the International Society for Emotion Focused Therapy (www.iseft.org). The institute exists to promote the development and training of EFT within Australia.
The mission of the institute is to:
- Continuously improve, develop and strengthen services and training offered by the AIEFT
- Develop our strategic alliances with ISEFT and other EFT organisations and international EFT practitioners
- Develop our strategic alliances with other training organisations in line with EFT broadly
- Develop and document a suite of training that acts as a developmental pathway leading to accreditation for practitioners
- Identify trainers and supervisors and structures to ensure continuous improvement of the provision of supervision and training